Reinvent the classic BLT sandwich with delicious carrot bacon and our Crazy Bastard Jalapeño & Date sauce. This totally vegan recipe takes the humble BLT to a new level, adding a unique sweet, spicy, and chutney-like kick that you simply can't resist.
For the carrot bacon:
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of smoked paprika powder
For the sandwich:
- Fresh lettuce
- Ripe tomatoes
- Crazy Bastard Jalapeno and Date Sauce
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- As the oven preheats, prepare your carrot bacon. Mix the vegetable oil with the soy sauce, black pepper, and smoked paprika powder.
- Coat the carrot strips in your mixture using a brush.
- Bake the carrot strips in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once baked, let them cool to achieve a crispy texture.
- Now for the star of the show – assemble your sandwich. Lay fresh lettuce and ripe tomatoes on your choice of bread. Spread a generous spoonful of Crazy Bastard Jalapeno and Date Sauce for that perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
- Finally, add your homemade carrot bacon, and there you have it, your Crazy Bastard Jalapeno & Date BLT is ready to be savoured.
Now, sit back and enjoy your homemade Crazy BLT, ready to liven up your lunchtime. With the addition of the Jalapeño & Date Sauce, you've transformed an ordinary sandwich into something special. And remember, this sauce is not just for sandwiches - it can spice up your burgers, pasta, and rice dishes too.
If you’d like to try this recipe, you'll find the Jalapeno & Date sauce listed just below, ready for you to grab a bottle and get cooking.
Fancy more unique and tasty recipes like this? Sign up for our newsletter. We're always cooking up new ideas and we'd love to share them with you. Plus, you'll get 10% off your first order - a little thank you from us to you.